The Gift of Joy
8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
We are looking together at what the incarnation event brings into our lives. Last week we saw that one of the most important things we learn from the advent is the meaning of love. Today, we want to look at the gift of joy. Here are four things scripture teaches us about joy:
- True Joy is assurance that God is in control of all circumstances in my life.
- True joy is the confidence that everything in this life will work out for good.
- True joy comes from the determination to give God praise in all things.
- True joy is understanding the meaning of the gospel.
- What is the difference between joy and happiness?
- How is joy more than circumstances going well for us?
- How is joy tied to our understanding of the gospel?
- How is fear the opposite of joy?
- How can we bring more joy into our lives?
Posted on Sun, December 11, 2016
by Brad Mardis filed under