The Creation of the Word
1. Proclaiming the word of God creates the church of God.
2. Proclaiming the word of God is the priority of the church of God.
3. Nothing can stop the word of God from being proclaimed.
Small Group Questions:
Read II Timothy 3:16-4:5
1. Why do you think Paul ends his final letter with this encouragement to Timothy?
2. Why is it important to trust ALL Scripture is breathed out by God?
3. What are some things we are tempted to look to for wisdom other than God’s Word?
4. What does it mean that Scripture is for teaching us? How are we to learn from the Bible?
5. What does it mean that Scripture is for rebuking us? How do we need to be challenged?
6. What does it mean that Scripture is for correcting us? How do we need to be changed?
7. What does it mean that Scripture is for training us? How do we need to be developed?
8. What is the result of our teaching the Bible according to 3:17?
9. What does 4:3-4 warn us about? Do we see this in the Church today? How is this a temptation for us?
10. What are we to do in 4:5 by comparison? How can we encourage each other to live this way this week?
Posted on Sun, May 28, 2017
by Sarah Sutton filed under