Salt and Light
13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:13-16)
What the teaching on salt and light means…
- The world is subject to decay
- There is something outside the world that can stop the decay
- Christ has called us to be salt and light
- What does it mean that the world is falling apart?
- How are relationships falling apart?
- How is society falling apart?
- What can stop the decay?
- How can Christians be salt and light to decay and darkness?
Posted on Sun, July 10, 2016
by Brad Mardis filed under