God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. (2 Cor 5:21)
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. (1 Peter 2:24)
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
- Our sin separates us from God.
- A just and holy God cannot overlook sin.
- Forgiveness of sin always involves sacrifice.
- God loved us so much he was willing to sacrifice.
- Click here to see the Community Group discussion questions.
Posted on Sun, December 23, 2018
by Sarah Sutton filed under