Jeremiah 2 - God’s judgment is slow.
Jeremiah 3 - God’s faithfulness is certain.
Jeremiah 4 - God’s grace is essential.
Read Jeremiah 2
- What is the tone God is taking with Israel? Why?
- Upon looking at the list of wrongs, what would you do if you were God?
- Are we different from Israel in our ability/inability to obey God?
- What do we learn about God’s judgment from this chapter?
Read Jeremiah 3
- How does God relate to Israel? Does he leave them? Why?
- Is God faithful? Would God still be faithful if he did not forgive?
- Have you ever thought about God being faithful to judge?
- What do we learn about God’s faithfulness from this chapter?
Read Jeremiah 4
- The first few verses give Israel hope for a change. Do they?
- Are we able to change on our own?
- Does our inability to change excuse our sin?
- What hope for us is there?
- How does Jesus answer the need for God to judge sin and his commitment to be faithful to his covenant people?
Posted on Sun, January 8, 2017
by Brad Mardis filed under