Love Others into Biblical Community
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.9 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us (1 John 4:7-12).
1. The church is a covenant community in which all members are ministers.
2. The Holy Spirit ministers to the body through each member.
3. The ministry of every member is indispensable.
4. The ministry of the word is commanded from all the members to the other members.
5. The way we love one another is a witness to his presence.
Click here to see the Community Group Discussion questions.
Posted on Sun, January 21, 2018
by Sarah Sutton filed under