Commit to Covenant
Ephesians 4:11: So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
Ephesians 4:14: Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
1 Peter 5:2: Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. (NIV)
1. Church leaders are to equip God’s people for works of service.
2. Our covenant urges us toward unity in the faith.
3. Our covenant pushes us toward Godly knowledge that leads to maturity.
4. Our covenant gives us permission to speak the truth in love.
5. Our covenant reminds us that Jesus is the head of our church.
Click here to see the Community Group Discussion Questions.
Posted on Sun, January 28, 2018
by Sarah Sutton filed under